Sunday, February 9, 2014
Where are you going?
"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don't much care where –" said Alice."Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
"– so long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.
"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."
So where are you going? Or doesn't it matter? Are you going through life on auto-pilot, hoping your day will come? Or are you working towards something? Heavy questions. We have made it into February and I am still completing my goal of better health. I stretch every day and walk everywhere possible: work, church, the kitchen- you know, everywhere. I can't say that my health has improved spectacularly, but I have a plan that will soon be implemented. Why am I telling you? Because you are special and to give you hope. Nothing was ever completed without a little work and sacrifice. No, not virgin sacrifice, well, maybe on occasion. If you don't believe it can happen, it won't. If you don't know where you are going, you'll never get there. If you don't care to change, you will stay the same forever and that goes against the eternal plan of happiness.
Goals are our way of improving upon ourselves for eternal happiness. You find out who you are, become who you want to be, and do something you can be proud of. Don't sit back and wait for life to hand you opportunities because most of opportunity is being in the right place, at the right time and ready to seize it as it appears. But if you are never prepared for it, how can you know it? If you never change to BE in the right place, how will you know it is time? Act. Don't react. Make choices and follow through with them.
The Mighty Q
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment