Sunday, March 9, 2014

Welcome Back Sun!

Well, I have been seeing something that I have been missing for a long time: the sun.  During the week, my work schedule mostly prevents me from being out when it is, but of late I have been seeing it as I walk home and even hints of it in the morning.  With the time change, I will see it more in the afternoon, but lose the morning for a while yet, but it tells me that winter is passing and summer approaches.

Let me share a few interesting things about the sun.  First, it is so far away that light (traveling at the speed of light) needs 8 minutes to get here.  Just like the earth, the sun has weather patterns that can be monitored and tracked.  Obviously it isn't rain or snow, but it does have seasons of storms called solar flares.  These can shower the earth in harmful radiation that is stopped by the magnetic field and creates the Aurora Borealis.  The sun is a fusion bomb, turning hydrogen into helium and then into lithium and so forth.  The sun is a relatively young star and only considered to be a medium size, despite being able to hold billions of earths inside.  The sun emits radio waves, infrared, visible light, ultraviolet, x-ray and gamma radiation.  The radiation that we get from the sun can give us cancer but if we don't have it, we can't make Vitamin D, a necessary ingredient to hold back depression.  The sun shines night and day (we just can't see it).

As such, Christ is the sun...or son?  Well, He's both.  He gives us light.  He is the creator of all.  He has patterns that we monitor through the scriptures that tell us what we need to turn potentially harmful things into beautiful Auroras.  And even if we can't see Him, He is still shining light in the darkest of times.

I hope this has been enLIGHTening.  Enjoy the sun!
-The Mighty Q

No comments:

Post a Comment