On my way home from work yesterday, the mother of a boy I work with saw me walking and offered a ride. I graciously declined, but it was nice to see people being nice, especially after my week. This past week was a trial by fire with daylight saving Time and a menagerie of difficult tasks. Feeling burnt-out, I was desperate for the time I could walk home. The walk itself is not hard, but I trudge at the speed my day allows. Yesterday turned a 30 minute walk into 45 without much effort. As I trudged, she pulls up in the center lane, obviously having turned around to catch me, and asks if I would like a ride. The thought is what counted for me and she brought a smile to my face and gave me hope in a dreary world. Now I am not saying that as you drive by to offer everyone you pass a ride, but little acts of kindness can go a long way to brighten someone's day.
-The Mighty Q
No comments:
Post a Comment