Ah, the Christmas season is upon us. Do I feel Christmas-y yet? I'm not sure. Oh I have done the typical stuff. I did Black Friday shopping; I got all my presents wrapped; we put on Christmas music and we are even doing advent calendars. What am I missing? Oh yes! We got our tree and put it up. We joined the choir (partly by force) to sing carols. I have been playing Christmas music on the radio and the organ. So do I feel jolly? Do I feel the love of Christmas? Not really. So what am I missing? The love of Christ. The season is great for giving and feeling wonderful, but all I feel is the cold weather. What do I need to do? I need to give of my time and self. Charity never faileth. If you want happiness, give of yourself. Lift another. Share your candies (with me). I realized that I was making attempts, but was too cynical about it. We went to Costco and I cheered up a demo lady by thanking her and having a little chat. I thanked our postal delivery lady. Isn't that enough? Well, if you want to be truly happy, these sorts of things should happen more frequently and always from the heart. I may not be feeling the Christmas spirit as strongly as I could but I, like you, need to make the effort to live a Christ-like life if I ever wish to be truly happy. But maybe for now, I will settle for a little joy in receiving too. Now where is that present so I can give it a good shake...
-The Mighty Q
No comments:
Post a Comment